Thursday, February 25, 2010

Free Primers, Readers, & Spellers

First off, let me give a shout out to Old Fashioned Education. I really admire Miss Maggie homeschooling for just the cost of paper and printer ink. I believe that I first found out about the McGuffey Readers on her site. Since then I have been on the lookout for other primers and readers for my children. I was surprised at how many there are on Archive.org. Today I printed out the Swinton Primer and made a copybook using a free handwriting worksheet generator. Here are some more that I may print out in the near future.
Aldine Readers - color illustrations
Appleton's School
Barne's New National
Black's Graded Readers

Christian Brothers
Dale
Kendall Readers
Kingsley, Smedley, Olson - color illustrations
Horace Mann Readers (Walter Lowrie Hervey) - some color illustrations
McGuffey New Eclectic
Newson - color illustrations, drawing lessons
Summer's Readers
Swinton's
Thought Reader
Wheeler's Graded Readers
A Primer: Day by Day with Sam and May

No comments: