Sunday, April 25, 2010

Texas Mini Unit Study


I am very excited about the resources listed below to put together a Texas unit study. Here's why. I took Texas History in the 12th grade. I moved from Virginia to Texas my senior year and it was a requirement to graduate from high school. I wish I could say I learned a lot in that class. But I didn't. I remembered facts about the Lone Star State long enough to pass tests and quizzes. And then I promptly forgot.

Why am I sharing all this? I guess because what I just described about my experience in school is what drives me to find interesting learning materials for my children.

Texas Unit Study Activity Books

Texas Unit Study Books/Booklets


Texas Unit Study Coloring Books
Texas Unit Study Lap Books
Texas Unit Study Videos

The Time Tunnel: The Alamo (1966)


Our Texas History (1963)


Texas Unit Study Websites

No comments: