Sunday, April 29, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - 4/30/12

Well, our packing is progressing nicely. Of course, the kitchen will be the last room that we tackle. I am still planning quick, easy meals.

Menu Plan Monday
Our bread machine pan broke a couple of weeks ago. At first I found that a bit distressing. Especially since it didn't make sense to try to order a new one in the midst of moving. But happily I found a recipe for making bread in bulk. You can make six loaves of bread in the same amount of time that it would take to make one or two! The children and I used the recipe last week and it was fabulous!!

It's more of an all purpose dough, as we used it to make 3 loaves of bread, hot dog buns, cinnamon rolls, and calzones. Eventually I will divide the the dough into 5 parts because the loaves of bread were a little smaller than we prefer. But at the moment for economic reasons, I am sticking to 6.  I will use the dough to make 4 loaves for our sandwiches for lunch, hamburger buns, and pizza dough.

Also for the sake of time, I am going to cook some beans in the crock pot. I will be able to get 3 meals out of them.

Anyhoo, on to this week's menu.

Last week's wheat, apple, banana, honey, walnut, PB muffins

Breakfasts (served with fruit):

Lunches (served with fruit or a vegetable):
  • PBJ x2
  • vegetarian spaghetti
  • leftovers x2
  • ramen noodles

Dinners (served with a vegetable):
  • barbequed sausage over mashed potatoes
  • homemade refried beans on homemade tortillas, rice
  • pinto beans over rice
  • cornbread casserole
  • crustless quiche - I use whatever cheese and green veggie I have on hand
  • homemade cheese pizza

1 comment:

Hopewell said...

Sounds good!

http://hopewellmomschoolreborn.blogspot.com/2012/04/menu-plan-monday_30.html