Monday, July 09, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 07/08/12

I know that by Jesus' stripes I was healed of all sicknesses. By faith I know I'm healed and I am resisting all diseases knowing that illness has no choice but to flee from me. Today I found a great website all about believing, claiming, and receiving healing. I know that God has done His part and I will continue to do my part by taking care of the body that the Lord has blessed me with.

I had a great week of eating mostly plant based meals. I did have some homemade gluten free pizza at a friend's house on Friday. And on Sunday the children and I ate at the new Popeyes that we had been waiting to open near us. And you know what? I'm fine with that. I enjoyed delicious food with friends and family. But the rest of the week I ate the way that I prefer to eat.

I also exercised last week after not doing so for over a month. I walked a mile to a Leslie Sansone video on YouTube. This week I am moving up to 2 miles. Slow and steady wins the race.


(Mostly) Plant Based Meals (for breakfast, lunch, or dinner)
  • Salads with mashed avocado and lemon as dressing
  • Black bean soup
  • Guacamole
  • Black bean burgers
  • Egg, veggie, and bean scramble
  • Microwaved sweet potato with nuts and raisins
  • Crustless vegetable quiche with nutritional yeast (cheese substitute)
  • Fish and veggies steamed in the microwave 
  • Tuna salad in a corn tortilla
Dinner for the Children - served with vegetables and bread (as needed)
  • Loaded baked potatoes
  • Cheese pizza
  • Hot dogs 
  • Taco bake
  • Spaghetti
  • Hamburgers on homemade buns, French fries
  • My version of chuck wagon chow, where I use ground beef instead of steak and put all of the ingredients in homemade gravy

I have been missing my Honey who is in CA; and, since we have been staying with friends I haven't had much desire or drive to make any bread dough by hand. I've only done it twice in almost 2 months. But I WILL make some this week for the pizza, hamburgers, and sandwiches for lunch. Praise God for a kitchen to bake in regardless of whether it's mine.