Sunday, July 01, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - Week of July 2

About a month after I became lax with my eating habits I started having some health challenges. I prayed and asked the Lord what to do. And I was reminded of what I already know is right - eating right and exercise! So, I am returning to cooking with NO: milk, cheese, refined sugar, wheat, red meat, pork, oil, or salt, bleached or white grains and flours.

Easy Breakfasts and Dinners
So this week I actually have 2 menus. One is for the children and the other is my plant strong eating plan.  Because of the additional food prep I will keep breakfast and lunch for the children very simple. Breakfast will either consist of hot or cold cereal; or, it will be my easy - yet delicious - eggs, potato and toast. And lunch will be various kinds of sandwiches on homemade bread served with a fruit or quick pizza.


Plant Strong Anytime Meals - served with additional  fruit or veggies (if needed)
  • Microwaved sweet potato with raisins, nuts, and sweet potato spices
  • Slow cooker beans
  • Stir Fry - without oil, with tofu
  • Tuna on a corn tortilla 
  • Mashed bean tacos with nutritional yeast
  • Salad full of nuts, fruits, and veggies - with mashed avocado and lemon juice or hummus in place of  salad dressing
  • Steamed fish, baked potato
  • Fruit and veggie smoothies
  • Homemade granola
  • Scrambles eggs with veggies and beans (one of my faves)
I have never been big on "breakfast foods" vs. "dinner foods". I will eat whatever strikes my fancy any time of day. So that is why I called these anytime meals. I will eat variations of the foods listed above plus snacks like: air popped popcorn sprinkled with nutritional yeast, raw fruits, and veggies dipped in homemade hummus without oil and without tahini.

Dinner for the Children - served with bread (if needed) and a vegetable
  • Baked BBQ chicken
  • Chicken fajitas
  • Honey BBQ ribs
  • Pinto beans and rice
  • Bean and cheese tacos
  • Homemade cheese pizza
  • Hotdogs on homemade buns