Monday, April 12, 2010

Free Text Books for Homeschool

I have been taking a look at the Robinson Curriculum, Accelerated Achievement, Old Fashioned Education, and the Ambleside Online Curriculum. Of course I am most impressed with OFE and AO because they are FREE. But actually, all of the curriculums have a lot of the same books in their reading list. A few years back I really wanted to buy AA; but, now I'm glad that my husband asked me to hold off on the purchase.

Truth be told, our homeschool style is quite eclectic and I tweak every educational material that we use. So, I no longer see the need to pay for one particular curriculum or method. We just use what works for each individual child.

What I do appreciate about all of the curriculum mentioned above is that the texts used are in the public domain (code for FREE). And a lot of the content lines up with the values that we are instilling in our children. So, I've picked some books here and there and am using them this year.

I am listing the books and links below that we are currently using. That way I can keep all of the titles in one place. I will add more books as we get to them.

Bible

Math



World History